Thursday, March 26, 2009

More Info on HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup)

OK, I really hate this stuff. I could argue about it until I am blue in the face, but if people don't want to listen, they don't want to listen.
The information is out there for anyone who wants to know why they don't have any energy or feel good. I visited the web site run by the "industry" that makes and uses this stuff, and it was creepy, I just had this feeling that everything was too glossed over. That the information they gave was too superficial, it didn't inspire much confidence in me, but for anyone who wanted a superficial gloss over it would do the job. Which is scary, that so many people are OK with being lied to, as long as they don't have to change anything about what they buy, or what they believe to be true.

OK So Here's the article, please read it. :D

As for myself, it was really weird when I kept throwing stuff out of our cupboards. I would learn about something, like MSG and throw out stuff that had it. Then HFCS, then gluten. My family really thought I was nuts and I had this void, and a scary feeling that I would have to cook everything from now on. I eventually found stuff, at our local health food store that replaced most everything that I had thrown out. The little stuff (like ketchup and condiments)and even most of the other types of stuff (like cookies, cakes, breads). I found that I could cook most of the things that I had used expensive canned "Cream of Mushroom Soup" for by learning how to make a simple white sauce, with onions and mushrooms for flavor and it tastes so, so good.

Here is the URL if the link above dosen't work...

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/03/24/Why-HighFructose-Corn-Syrup-Causes-Insulin-Resistance.aspx

2 comments:

Barry said...

Due to a personal health problem, my wife and I are making everything we eat from scratch these days. My esophagus is literally intolerant of anything too rich or too spicy. It has made us become much more knowledgeable about the foods we eat, both commercial prepared and restaurant.

However we have a long way to go in learning about a healthy diet. This just might be the blog to help us along.

Star said...

Hello Strawberry Girl, What an interesting Blog. Coming from England, where we don't have corn syrup at all, I was amazed to find it here. I didn't know what it was, but I do now and consign it to the bin wherever I find it. Since it has no nutritional value whatsoever, I decided we didn't need it. BUT it is in so many things, isn't it. I have a hard job eliminating it, so now cook all my food myself. It must be better must't it and since we are what we eat, it is important. Good luck with this Blog.
Blessings, Star

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...